Background and unique aspects
Spring Forward was launched in 2012 and since then has supported over 100 civil society organizations in over 15 countries in building greater financial resilience and strength. An evaluation of the program in 2015 showed that about 90% of organizations have come out of Spring Forward stronger. At Spring Forward, we are committed to supporting frontrunners for rights and justice to become more financially resilient, and therefore more effective in terms of influence and impact. Click here for more information about Spring Forward.
The unique aspects of this program include working at the intersections of strategic finance, resource development and external communications, an approach to human and organizational transformation that is grounded in neuroscience and integral theory, and a team of three facilitators who themselves have been in the trenches and bring a wealth of experience to the table. The program has proven to motivate and spark real change.
- Gain a new way of thinking as well as a toolbox on strategic finance, resource development and strategic communications, which you can apply to your work immediately.
- Emerge from the intensive with a customized action plan.
- Grow your network! Access a vibrant, global community of practice on financial resilience for rights and justice that includes colleagues from Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, The Netherlands, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda and the United States.
As a result of the Spring Forward Intensive, you will be able to:
- Respond proactively to changes in the national and international funding landscape.
- Apply a budgeting strategy that projects and captures income, costs and recovery of costs.
- Understand key financial health indicators presented in the form of a dashboard.
- Apply the steps needed to develop or strengthen a base of individual supporters through different communication channels.
- Understand how relationships with funders are experienced and shape engagement leading to greater ability to have authentic conversations.
- Create and monitor an action plan on financial resilience that integrates with strategic direction
In advance of the intensive, we will ask you about your organization’s financial resilience successes and challenges, information that we will use to customize the sessions. On site, you will work on five key results areas: Funding Landscape, Resource Development, Strategic Finance, Quality of Engagement and Leadership Practice. You will develop a customized plan with key actions for implementation. Post-intensive, your organization can access two coaching sessions with Spring Forward on topics of your choice and enjoy ongoing peer relationships with other participants in the program.